Indian Creek Correctional Center
|801 Sanderson Road
Chesapeake, VA 23328
Phone: (757) 421-0095
Fax: (757) 421-7124
Virginia Department of Corrections
984 medium security adult males
Saturday/Sunday: 8:30 am - 2:30 pm
Thursday: 8:30 am - 11am; 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm
- Indian Creek Correctional Center opened in 1994.
- Offenders are transferred from other DOC institutions with less than 18 months and not more than 28 months until expected release date for admission to Indian Creek Correctional Center.
- Community Education Centers, Inc., was awarded contract to provide substance abuse therapeutic community program in August 2004.
- Community Education Centers, (CEC), provides Substance Abuse Therapeutic Community services according to the Virginia TC Program Model using tools, competencies and measures for participant progress at each phase of development.
- In early 2005, the Youthful Offender Program was integrated into the TC program.
- The Virginia TC Model is based on four specific phases. The program is non-voluntary.
- CEC also operates a 24 bed Intensive Training Unit within TC Program for addressing offenders with "high hostility" and "low desire for change" with TCU specific curriculum to reduce hostility and increase motivation.
Reentry offenders, within 6 months of release, are housed in single mission unit for receiving specialized services for transition.
- The goal of Indian Creek Correctional Center is to identify, implement and evaluate cost effective, quality programs and services consistent in providing offenders opportunities to demonstrate pro-social behaviors and transition to community.