Correctional Alternative Placement Services "CAPS"
|445 Ranney Street
Craig, CO 81625
Phone: (970) 824-8166
Colorado Department to Corrections, Fourteenth Judicial District, Community Corrections Board, Fifth Judicial District, Community Corrections Board, Seventh Judicial District, Community Corrections Board, Garfield County Community Corrections Board
45 adult males and females
Monday through Friday:
7:00 pm to 9:00 pm
Saturday and Sunday:
2:00 pm to 4:00 pm
All visitors must be pre-approved.
- Offenders are referred through the Department of Corrections and various Probation Departments
- Correctional Alternative Placement Services, Inc. ("CAPS"), commenced operation and began providing residential and non-residential community corrections services to adult male and female felony offenders referred from various correctional institutions and agencies with the State of Colorado in November of 1982 via a contract with the Fourteenth Judicial District Community Corrections Board ("FJDCCB").
- The goal of CAPS is to provide an alternative to incarceration within a highly structured environment.
- CAPS provides individual and group counseling, substance abuse treatment, educational services, and vocational training.
- CAPS programs promote individual accountability, responsibility, positive self-development, and assists residents to prepare for and adjust to independent community living.
- CAPS life skills training includes employment assistance and budgeting and savings courses.