|8031 Highway I-76
Henderson, CO 80640
Phone: (303) 287-8205
Fax: (303) 289-4159
Colorado Division of Criminal Justice, Colorado Department of Corrections
226 adult males and females
General Population - DOC:
Saturday, 6:00 pm - 10:00 pm
Sunday, 6:00 pm - 10:00 pm
General Population - DIV:
Saturday, 2:00 pm - 4:00 pm
Sunday, 2:00 pm - 4:00 pm
Saturday, 9:00 am - 11:00 am
Sunday, 9:00 am - 11:00 am
Saturday, 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm; 8:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Sunday, 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm; 8:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Visitor Registration is completed with the Residents' case manager the week prior to the visit. All approved visits are logged into the computer.
- CEC assumed control of the Phoenix Center in May 2008.
- Offenders are referred through the Department of Corrections and Adams County Probation.
- The Phoenix Center provides individual assessments, educational services, vocational training and skills-based training.
- The goal of the Phoenix Center is to provide the necessary tools needed to rejoin society in a positive manner that contributes back to the community.
- The services focus on pro-social routines. Residents are prepared to reenter society after learning basic societal necessities such as interviewing skills, budgeting, positive thinking patterns and use of a pro-social support network.
- The Phoenix Center also offers programs for nutrition, cooking classes, agriculture training, life skill classes and community resource workshops.
- Volunteers also teach an empowerment workshop and a female orientated program focused on gender specific reentry issues.