New Mexico Men's Recovery Academy "NMMRA"
|1000 W. Main Street
Los Lunas, NM 87031
Phone: (505) 866-0590
Fax: (505) 866-0568
New Mexico Corrections Department - Probation & Parole Division
VISITATION RULES & SCHEDULE
Click here for Visitation Rules and Schedule.
- Originally named the Fort Stanton Residential Treatment Center, NMMRA opened in July of 2003.
- Program moved from Fort Stanton, NM to Los Lunas, NM in July 2009 and was renamed the New Mexico Men's Recovery Academy (NMMRA).
- NMMRA provides a full array of residential reentry treatment services designed to reduce recidivism.
- NMMRA provides individual assessments, individual and group counseling, substance abuse treatment, parenting and anger management classes, and educational services.
- The services at this facility focus on peer-led education, which provides the social skill necessary to successfully reenter society.
- NMMRA functions as a Therapeutic Community by providing a highly structured environment, which employs community, imposed sanctions and penalties, as well as earned advancement of status and privileges as part of the recovery and growth process.
- The goal of NMMRA is to provide an intensive treatment program that emphasizes relapse prevention. This goal is accomplished by changing an individual's lifestyle through a community of concerned people working together to help themselves and each other.