New Mexico Men's Recovery Academy "NMMRA"
|1000 W. Main Street
Los Lunas, NM 87031
Phone: (505) 866-0590
Fax: (505) 866-0568
New Mexico Corrections Department - Probation & Parole Division
85 adult males
Phase II resident visitation is held the second weekend of each month.
Phase III resident visitation is held on the first and third week of each month.
Saturday: 1:30 pm - 4:30 pm
Sunday: 1:30 pm - 4:30 pm
- Originally named the Fort Stanton Residential Treatment Center, NMMRA opened in July of 2003.
- Program moved from Fort Stanton, NM to Los Lunas, NM in July 2009 and was renamed the New Mexico Men's Recovery Academy (NMMRA).
- NMMRA provides a full array of residential reentry treatment services designed to reduce recidivism.
- NMMRA provides individual assessments, individual and group counseling, substance abuse treatment, parenting and anger management classes, and educational services.
- The services at this facility focus on peer-led education, which provides the social skill necessary to successfully reenter society.
- NMMRA functions as a Therapeutic Community by providing a highly structured environment, which employs community, imposed sanctions and penalties, as well as earned advancement of status and privileges as part of the recovery and growth process.
- The goal of NMMRA is to provide an intensive treatment program that emphasizes relapse prevention. This goal is accomplished by changing an individual's lifestyle through a community of concerned people working together to help themselves and each other.