New Mexico Women's Recovery Academy "NMWRA"
|6000 Isleta Blvd. SW
Albuquerque, NM 87105
Phone: (505) 873-2761
Fax: (505) 873-2819
New Mexico Corrections Department - Probation & Parole Division
VISITATION RULES & SCHEDULE
Click here for Visitation Rules and Schedule.
- The New Mexico Women's Recovery Academy (NMWRA) opened in July of 2005.
- NMWRA moved from Los Lunas, NM to Albuquerque, NM in June 2009.
- Offenders are referred through the New Mexico prison and court systems.
- NMWRA provides a full array of residential reentry treatment services designed to reduce recidivism.
- NMWRA provides individual assessments, individual and group counseling, substance abuse treatment, parenting and anger management classes, and educational services.
- The services at this facility focus on peer-led education, which provides the social skill necessary to successfully reenter society.
- NMWRA functions as a Therapeutic Community by providing a highly structured environment, which employs community, imposed sanctions and penalties, as well as earned advancement of status and privileges as part of the recovery and growth process.
- The goal of NMWRA is to provide an intensive treatment program that emphasizes relapse prevention. This goal is accomplished by changing an individual's lifestyle through a community of concerned people working together to help themselves and each other.