New Mexico Women's Recovery Academy "NMWRA"
|6000 Isleta Blvd. SW
Albuquerque, NM 87105
Phone: (505) 873-2761
Fax: (505) 873-2819
New Mexico Corrections Department - Probation & Parole Division
48 adult females and their children (program), 12 adult females (halfway house)
Phase II resident visitation is held the second weekend of each month.
Phase III resident visitation is held on the first and third week of each month.
Saturday: 1:30 pm - 4:30 pm
Sunday: 1:30 pm - 4:30 pm
- The New Mexico Women's Recovery Academy (NMWRA) opened in July of 2005.
- NMWRA moved from Los Lunas, NM to Albuquerque, NM in June 2009.
- Offenders are referred through the New Mexico prison and court systems.
- NMWRA provides a full array of residential reentry treatment services designed to reduce recidivism.
- NMWRA provides individual assessments, individual and group counseling, substance abuse treatment, parenting and anger management classes, and educational services.
- The services at this facility focus on peer-led education, which provides the social skill necessary to successfully reenter society.
- NMWRA functions as a Therapeutic Community by providing a highly structured environment, which employs community, imposed sanctions and penalties, as well as earned advancement of status and privileges as part of the recovery and growth process.
- The goal of NMWRA is to provide an intensive treatment program that emphasizes relapse prevention. This goal is accomplished by changing an individual's lifestyle through a community of concerned people working together to help themselves and each other.