|428 Walnut Street
Reading, PA 19601
Phone: (610) 478-8800
Fax: (610) 478-1818
Pennsylvania Dept. of Corrections, Pennsylvania Board of Probation & Parole
186 males & females
Sunday 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
7 days a week
10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. and 6:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m.
- All residents will be permitted visitation. Visiting hours specific to each building will be posted on bulletin boards throughout the facility. If the visiting area is over-crowded your visit time may be shortened at the discretion of the staff on duty.
- All visitors must sign in and out at the duty desk. Only visitors that are on your visiting list will be permitted to stay. Visitors must abide by the same rules as residents. Physical contact between residents and visitors must be appropriate.
- During visiting hours, visitors are allowed in the lounge and dining area. Visitors are prohibited from entering resident’s bedrooms.
- A maximum of four people will be permitted to visit a resident at one time. THERE WILL BE NO EXCEPTIONS TO THIS RULE.
- An authorized adult visitor must accompany children of residents under the age of 18. An adult being 18 years of age or older. Residents are only allowed one visit a week.
- All visitors must have proper photo I.D. for all visits.
- All visitors are subject to search, should they refuse to comply, visitor’s privileges will be denied and the visitor will be requested to leave the facility. Cell phones, wallets, purses are prohibited.
- Visitors violating their visiting privileges will be denied entrance to the facility, for an indefinite period of time.
- Any former resident of ADAPPT may not visit the center.
- Any Bureau of Community Corrections resident wishing to visit other inmates in State Correctional Institutions must receive prior written approval from the Executive Deputy Commissioner of the Department of Corrections via the Regional Director and the Superintendent of the State Correctional Institution to be visited.
- ADAPPT is a residential reentry facility that opened in February of 1992 to provide services to pre-release and parole community correction residents.
- In 1996, the Group Home residential reentry facility located at 419 Walnut Street was entered into the National Register of Historic Places.
- The goal of the facility is to focus on treating the causes of criminal behavior and addiction, thus reducing recidivism.
- ADAPPT provides both inpatient and outpatient treatment services and is licensed by the Pennsylvania Department of Health, Bureau of Drug & Alcohol Programs.
- The in-patient chemical dependency program is comprehensive in scope, and provides an initial assessment, personalized treatment programs, individual and group counseling.
- The services at this facility focus on successful reintegration into the community through structured, comprehensive treatment programs, therapeutic and educational training, and relapse prevention.
- ADAPPT is accredited by the American Correctional Association (ACA) and scored a perfect 100% on all mandatory standards during its last accreditation.