428 Walnut St.
Reading, PA 19601
Phone: (610) 478-8800
Fax: (610) 478-1818
Contracting Agency: Pennsylvania Dept. of Corrections, Pennsylvania Board of Probation & Parole
Capacity: 178 males & females
ADAPPT is accredited with the American Correctional Association (ACA) scoring a rating of 100% on mandatory and non-mandatory standards.
The goal of the facility is to focus on treating the causes of criminal behavior and addiction thus reducing recidivism, and to provide residents with the necessary knowledge and skills to lead a productive lifestyle prior to reintegration into the community.
ADAPPT provides both inpatient and outpatient treatment services and is licensed by the Pennsylvania Department of Health, Department of Drug & Alcohol Programs. Other Program and Service components include individual and group counseling, assessment, State Intermediate Punishment (SIP), Outpatient Alcohol & Drug Services (AOD), Group Home, Veteran’s Services, and Day Reporting.
The inpatient chemical dependency program is comprehensive in scope, and provides an initial assessment, personalized treatment programs, and individual and group counseling.
The services at this facility focus on successful reintegration into the community through structured, comprehensive treatment programs, therapeutic and educational training, and relapse prevention.
First time Visit – Family Session 12:30 (must leave the building after the session is over)
Phase 1* Residents- Sunday 1:00 pm – 2:00 pm
Phase 2* Residents-2:00 pm – 3:00 pm
Phase 3* Residents-3:00 pm – 4:00 pm Resident Mentors -1:00 pm – 4:00 pm
*Residents should communicate with visitors their phase status
7 days a week
10:00 am to 12:00 pm and 6:00 pm to 10:00 pm
- All residents will be permitted visitation. Visiting hours specific to each building will be posted on bulletin boards throughout the facility. If the visiting area is over-crowded your visit time may be shortened at the discretion of the staff on duty.
- All visitors must sign in and out at the duty desk. Only visitors that are on your visiting list will be permitted to stay. Visitors must abide by the same rules as residents. Physical contact between residents and visitors must be appropriate.
- During visiting hours, visitors are allowed in the lounge and dining area. Visitors are prohibited from entering resident’s bedrooms.
- A maximum of four people will be permitted to visit a resident at one time. THERE WILL BE NO EXCEPTIONS TO THIS RULE.
- An authorized adult visitor must accompany children of residents under the age of 18. An adult being 18 years of age or older. Residents are only allowed one visit a week.
- All visitors must have proper photo I.D. for all visits.
- All visitors are subject to search, should they refuse to comply, visitor’s privileges will be denied and the visitor will be requested to leave the facility. Cell phones, wallets, purses are prohibited.
- Visitors violating their visiting privileges will be denied entrance to the facility, for an indefinite period of time.
- Any former resident of ADAPPT may not visit the center.
- Any Bureau of Community Corrections resident wishing to visit other inmates in State Correctional Institutions must receive prior written approval from the Executive Deputy Commissioner of the Department of Corrections via the Regional Director and the Superintendent of the State Correctional Institution to be visited.
ADAPPT/CEC Visitation Rules Regarding Infants and Children:
Diaper bags for small children may be left at the monitor station, or
necessary items may be put in a clear Ziploc bag and either may be subject to search.
Children over 12 are required to attend the Family & Friends Presentation; however, if they are visiting a resident in Phase One or Phase Two they are required to leave after the session and return at the scheduled time related to the resident’s phase. Clients are provided with a Visitor Form and should communicate their visiting information to their prospective visitors.
The following items can be dropped off for new residents in AOD*:
- 7 days worth of clothing
- Hygiene products
- Money orders
*These items can also be mailed in.