The Turbeville Correctional Recovery Program
Turbeville Correctional Institution
Turbeville, SC 29162
Phone: (803) 896-3131
Fax: (803) 896 3143
South Carolina Department of Corrections
272 beds (136 ages 17-20; 136 ages 21 and over)
Please call the facility at 843-659-4800 for visitation information.
- CEC began providing services in August of 1997 as a 136 bed modified therapeutic community.
- In 1998, the program was expanded to 272 beds with a distinction in program services being made between younger youthful offenders (age 17 to 20) and older ones (age 21 and over).
- CEC staff provide therapeutic community treatment services inside this South Carolina Department of Corrections facility.
- The Turbeville Correctional Recovery Program contains two unique treatment programs for youthful offenders, The Straight Ahead Community and the Correctional Recovery Community.
- Each of these programs occupy one wing of the Wyboo Unit at the institution and provide age appropriate treatment to their residents in a therapeutic community setting.
- The combination of a social learning model with a cognitive behavioral approach has proven to be a successfully modality of treatment for these young men.