Glossbrenner Substance Abuse Felony Punishment Facility (SAFPF)
|5100 South FM. 1329
San Diego, TX 78384
Phone: (361) 279-8173
Fax: (361) 279-8361
Texas Department of Criminal Justice (TDCJ)
612 Adult Male Substance Abuse Offenders
9:00 - 10:00 am
1:00 - 2:00 pm
- Glossbrenner S.A.F.P.F. was opened on January 17th. 1995.
- Client's receiving treatment at the Glossbrenner are mandated by a sentencing Court of Law or Parole Modification in relation to Felony Drug or Alcohol convictions throughout the State of Texas.
- Glossbrenner houses up to ninety Parole clients and sixty In-prison Therapeutic Community clients at any given time.
- All therapeutic treatment programming is provided by CEC staff inside this TDCJ facility. TDCJ staff provides security.
- CEC provides a Behavioral Modification, Cognitive Self-Change, 6-month in-house intensive treatment program consisting of Three Phases of treatment.
- The Glossbrenner Therapeutic Community model operates on a structured client-driven hierarchy, with privileges commensurate to positive behaviors and leadership responsibilities.
- Phase I - Orientation introduces the client to the rules, regulations and obligations of the program.
- Phase II - Education maximizes and emphasizes resources and concepts associated with Cognitive Self Change, Behavioral Modification, and long-term successful sobriety.
- Phase III - Relapse Prevention prepares the client for all After-Care mandates upon successful completion of the program.
- Windham School provides clients with an opportunity to complete their G.E.D. during the treatment process and the University of Texas Medical Branch provides for any medical needs.