McLennan County Detention Center
|520 Columbus Avenue
Waco, TX 76701
Phone: (254) 759-8121
Fax: (254) 759-8126
United States Marshals Service; Immigration and Customs Enforcement (I.C.E.), Federal Bureau of Prisons; several Texas counties
326 adult males and females
Saturday and Sunday:
8:00 am - 4:00 pm
- The original facility was constructed in 1952 to serve the needs of McLennan County.
- In 1980 an annex was constructed which is known as McLennan County Detention Center.
- At present the fifth floor of the original building is being used for the housing of female offenders while the newer building is used to house the males.
- CEC provides jail/detention management services at the McLennan County Detention Center.
- A volunteer chaplaincy program is offered to offenders.
CEC provides a law library and regular library for offenders.
- CEC provides basic medical care at the McLennan County Detention Center.
- Transportation services are provided by CEC.